InstaNatural Serums

Let's talk skin care. All of my post in the beauty section are about makeup products, so I think it's time to bring a skin care product to the table. I'm currently loving two different serums by InstaNatural, the Age-Defying Retinol Serum and Age-Defying & Skin Clearing Serum.

I chose these serums for several reasons, packaging being one of them, but I also like what the brand stands for. InstaNatural offers a variety of natural skin care products, and they are all without harmful or questionable ingretients. Here's a quote from the brand's website "What we stand for: No parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, formaldehyde releasers, MCI/MI and synthetic dyes."

Let's move on to the packaging. This product comes in a paper box, but the serum itself comes in a glass bottle. Like most serums, it has a glass pipette attached to the lid. The lid has a metallic part, and a soft rubber top that you can squeeze and release to get a desired amount of product. Unforunately, this product is not entirely plastic-free because of the safety seal on the lid and the stickers. To be fair, it's a really small amount compared to an entire bottle being made out of plastic.

Another thing that attracted me was the active ingredients. Now, I'm extremely skeptical of anything "anti-ageing" and "skin improving". From what I've read, retinol, salicylic acid, hyaluronic acid and CoQ10 seems to be the most promising ingredients. These are components in these serums and what I'm interested in. The content in each serum is different, which is why I have two different kinds. Age-Defying Retinol Serum contains retinol, hyaluronic acid and CoQ10. Age-Defying & Skin Clearing Serum contains salicylic acid and a smaller amount of retinol.

The scary thing about skin care products like this is that they can backfire if you use them wrong. Antioxidants such as retinol, ascorbic acid and tocopherol, all present in these serums, can make skin more sensitive to UV radiation. One should definitely apply sunscreen when using these products. As an additional precaution, I apply the serum in the evening.

I'm quite satisfied with several things. I love that the serums aren't greasy like skin creams. My skin has not been irritated by the retinol, something I have experienced in the past. The scent is nice and mild.


0 comments