How I got here

My journey towards environmentalism started four years ago, way before I became conscious about my waste. In 2013 I was scanning my makeup products for harmful substances after watching an upsetting video, shown by our science teacher. The realization was that pretty much everything I owned contained questionable ingredients. The products I had been plastering my face with everyday turned out to be harmful for my health and the environment. Yes, plastering is an accurate metaphor. Back then, there was no minimal use of makeup.

I immediately sought replacement products at the local stores, only to discover that they were all bad. I had to go online. That was when I discovered iHerb and the world of natural makeup. My interest and knowledge grew so I began replacing other things too such as soaps, detergents, household cleaning products, foods and even clothing. It was a drastic purge but it felt good.

My current project is the waste I produce. I'm not sure if I feel ready to go completely zero waste yet but zero non-recyclable waste is an absolute goal. That's the most achievable for me at the moment.

If you blog about similar topics give me a heads up in the comments. I'd love to check out your blog!

Myself, pre-2013. Ignorant and with a face full of hazardous stuff.



0 comments