10 zero waste eye shadows

Natural lipsticks, powders, concealers that fall into the zero waste category are all over the place. Finding a natural zero waste eye shadow is a different story. I'm both annoyed and surprised by how few options there are out there. "Make your own" is what the Internet suggests.

No, I'm sorry. I'm not going use cocoa powder nor am I going to buy two pounds of pigment that will ensure my ten following generations eye shadows too. I want to support the brands that get it right. It's not that there are absolutely no zero waste eye shadows available, because there are. My biggest problem is that most of these eye shadows are shimmery and I'm a matte-gal.

I've listed the best alternative that I've found in this post. Some of them are not plastic-free but still a zero waste option because they're refillable. I've included the shimmery one's too, if you're into that. I've also added where the product are from because shopping online within your continent is the most environmental option. I'll switch to one of the eye shadows on my list when I've used up the one's that I have now.

Feel free to leave a comment if you know any other brand that has zero wast eye shadows!

Zero waste eye shadows


Veg-Up
Cardboard eyeshadow palette, also sold at Ecco-Verde.
Eyeshadow type: shimmery
European















Kjær Weis
Comes in a metallic container, it has a magnetic bottom and is refillable.
Eyeshadow type: all eye shadows are semi-shimmery
American brand, made in Italy















Ecco Bella
Refillable paperback compacts and eyeshadow refills.
Eyeshadow type: mostly matte but a few are shimmery
American

















Nabla's refills
Palettes and refills.
Only the refills are zero waste. The single eye shadows that come in plastic containers are not refillable.
Eyeshadow type: has matte and shimmer
European

















RMS beauty 
Eye polish
Eyeshadow type: cream, all are shimmery
American
















Suncoat 
Duo Mineral Eyeshadow
Eyeshadow type: shimmery
American

















Antonym
Certified Organic Quattro Eyeshadow
Eyeshadow type: shimmery
American
















Zao
Eyeshadow
Eyeshadow type: matte, shimmery, mineral and cream
European












PuroBIO 
Compact Eyeshadow
Comes in a plastic container but has a magnetic bottom and is refillable. Palettes are also sold.
Eyeshadow type: matte and shimmery
European










Elate
Pressed eyeshadow refills for magnetic bamboo palettes.
Eyeshadow type: matte and shimmery
American

0 comments