Presenting: Sustainlabel

I present to you ... Sustainlabel. Yes, I renamed my blog. Why Sustainlabel? Well, most of my entries currently deal with sustainable products by sustainable brands and not so much waste management after all. Also, when organic beauty is such a large part of what I write about, I don't want to limit my blog to zero waste only.

I've realized that zero waste is not as easy as I thought. I'm not going to give it up, but I'm also not going to pressure myself as much as I have been doing. One of the reasons are the limited local options, something that has been an obstacle for many of us. I've said before that sometimes the least sustainable option, paradoxically, still becomes the best option.

Norwegian grocery stores, for example, are notorious with their plastic packaging. Fruits and vegetables are almost always wrapped in plastic. A girl's gotta eat, you know... Of course I made some no-no purchases. I can't quit veggies just because they're packaged in plastic. Just to be fair, I'd like to mention that Norway's recycling options are excellent. Any plastic I've had to purchase has been recycled.

Anyway, I've ended up filtering my posts in my attempt to present a zero waste lifestyle. This was of course hardly mentioned, and I felt that it was wrong. How To Lose Waste was not an appropriate name for my blog, and thus I renamed it.


0 comments